About Your Stay
You’re Not Alone – About Your Case Manager
Whether you are a patient or a family member, we want you to feel confident that your most important questions, concerns and needs will be addressed in a timely, helpful and compassionate manner. While you are at Crotched Mountain Specialty Hospital, your case manager will coordinate all services from admission to a successful discharge and will assist you in areas including:
- Concerns/questions regarding your stay
- Current and future financial issues
- Discharge planning including connections to community support services
- Coordination of family meetings
- Arranging family lodging in our guest rooms
- Arranging educational/tutoring services for school-age children
- Arranging interpreter services
What to Bring
You are encouraged to bring personal items to make your stay comfortable and we invite you to personalize your room with your favorite belongings, pictures, and memorabilia from home. For your peace of mind, we ask you to label all your personal belongings, including your clothing. Safes are not available, so please use your discretion.
Other items to bring include:
- A list of prescription and non-prescription medications
- Personal care items, including toothbrush, comb, deodorant, shaving supplies
- Comfortable clothes including pants, shirts, sweaters and pajamas
- Comfortable undergarments
- Athletic shoes and slippers
- Outdoor wear, including jacket, hat, mittens and scarf, during cold months
Patient clothing is sent to a central laundry unless special arrangements are made through your care coordinator.
We invite families to dine together if they wish. Mealtimes can be a great opportunity to relax, catch-up and reconnect. Our cafeteria offers convenient hours and varied daily
menus. Families can dine in the cafeteria or purchase take-out meals to be enjoyed in other areas of the campus. Coffee and tea are available on the units.
Main Cafeteria Hours:
Monday - Friday
Continental breakfast: 7-11 am
Lunch: 11:45 am-1:30 pm
Dinner: 5-6 pm
Weekend hours vary
- Wireless internet areas are available at many sites on campus.
- Cell Phones are allowed and encouraged.
- There is a television in each family area for your use. You may bring your own television and DVD player for personal use in your room.
We know that pets are important members of many families and we welcome their presence. However, for the safety of our patients and staff, we offer guidelines. Please speak to your case manager prior to your pet’s first visit.
We provide weekly chaplain services on campus. Religious leaders from various faiths visit patients and hold religious services on our campus. Call your case manager for details. If you wish to speak with a religious leader of your faith, contact your care coordinator to make arrangements.
Crotched Mountain is a smoke-free campus. We appreciate your cooperation.