Medically Complex Conditions
Uniquely Equipped for Complex Care
It takes a diverse team of experts, working in close collaboration, to care for children and adults with complex medical needs. Crotched Mountain is uniquely equipped to offer medical and rehabilitative services for patients with complex challenges - such as catastrophic or chronic illness, coma, serious infections, post-operative complications, trauma or wounds, feeding needs, dependence on a ventilator or the need for extensive monitoring. Some of our patients stay briefly; others come for long-term care. Our team of specialists addresses each patient's unique medical and functional needs to ensure the best possible outcomes.
Our pediatric program addresses the needs of children, from infants through teenagers, who are medically fragile or who have complex medical conditions requiring hospital-level care or inpatient rehabilitation. During their stay at Crotched Mountain, kids are encouraged to be as playful and active as possible - participating in age-appropriate activities including the arts, dance, outdoor exploration and swimming in our pool or at our waterfront. Children can keep up with their class work through tutorial programs or Skype® on-line sessions that bring the classroom into the hospital. Parents can sleep in their children’s rooms to provide that extra level of comfort.
Medical and Therapeutic Team for Medically Complex Conditions
Our expert interdisciplinary treatment team for patients with medically complex conditions comprises the full range of caring, highly skilled physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, therapists, psychologists and other rehabilitation specialists needed to optimize our patients’ wellbeing. The qualifications they’ve earned in their fields of specialization for treating patients with medically complex conditions are second to none.
- Board Certified Physiatrist
- Certified Brain Injury Specialists
- Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurses
- Certified Neuroscience Registered Nurses
- Credentialed in Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Certified Wound Care Specialists
- Certified Respiratory Therapists
Treatments and services provided:
- 24/7 nursing care
- Onsite specialist consultations for psychiatry
- Daily medical assessments
- Respiratory care services
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Speech and language therapy
- Aquatic therapy
- Laboratory services
- Spiritual care
- Therapeutic recreation
- Child Life services
- Medical nutrition therapy by registered dietitians
- Cognitive retraining
- Tutoring and education support
- Social services
- Psychological assessment
- Counseling and training for children and families
- Behavior management training
- Home accessibility assessment
- Equipment evaluations
- Splint fitting
- Transportation to specialty services at regional hospitals
- Complex care coordination
Why Choose Us?
Crotched Mountain Specialty Hospital is a leader in providing inpatient, outpatient and community-based support services to adults and children with medically complex conditions. Learn more about our expertise, resources and outcomes:
- Seamless continuum of care - provides a uniformly rewarding patient and family experience at every stage of inpatient treatment and beyond – from acute, sub-acute, and skilled inpatient services to outpatient therapies, residential services and community-based care.
- Expert interdisciplinary treatment team - combines best practices and innovative approaches with strong patient and family relationships to enhance healing.
- Patient-centered planning and support - begins upon admission and ensures that supports are in place for patients to successfully participate in home, work, school and favorite recreational activities upon discharge.
Continuous quality improvement – promotes a culture focused on achieving the highest standards of patient care through quality management and improvement systems that address patient safety and quality of services.
Therapeutic treatment environment - unites evidence based practices, the latest technologies, and the resources of a 60-year rehabilitation history in a therapeutic mountainside environment.
Contact us to learn how our services can help people with medically complex conditions:
Lisa Walsh, LPN
Nurse Referral Coordinator
603.547.3311 ext. 2010