Pediatric and Adolescent Rehabilitation
Expert Care in a Warm Environment
Crotched Mountain is a place where children and families feel at home. It is a lively, warm and caring facility for children and adolescents who require acute and sub-acute hospital-level rehabilitation or long-term in-patient care. Typical diagnoses include brain injury, cerebral palsy, neuromuscular disorders, developmental disorders, seizure disorders, late stage degenerative disorders and more. We treat children who are medically fragile and those who have complex medical conditions and feeding and respiratory needs. Many children also come to us for recovery and rehabilitation following orthopedic and other major surgeries.
To make treatment more enjoyable and keep kids motivated, rehabilitation sessions are filled with age-appropriate activities and games. Between therapy sessions, children and families can participate in activities such as swimming, bowling, and visits to the gym, media center or library. Children can keep up with their class work through tutorial programs or Skype® on-line sessions that bring the classroom into the hospital. There is always housing available on our campus. And in most cases, we can arrange for parents to sleep in their children’s rooms to provide that extra level of comfort.
Children's Medical and Therapy Team
Our expert interdisciplinary treatment team for children and adolescents comprises the full range of caring, highly skilled physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, therapists, psychologists and other rehabilitation specialists needed to optimize a child’s well-being. The qualifications they’ve earned in their fields of specialization for treating children and adolescents are second to none.
- Physicians specializing in pediatrics, developmental pediatrics, physiatry and psychiatry
- Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurses
- Certified Neuroscience Registered Nurses
- Certified Brain Injury Specialists
- Certified Wound Care Specialists
- Certified Respiratory therapists
Therapists in every discipline use state-of-the-art technology and have experience with many new and alternative therapies. Crotched Mountain also has partnerships with acute and tertiary care hospitals throughout New England and works with them regularly to enure the highest level of care.
Typical diagnoses for children include:
- Brain injury
- Cerebral palsy
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Developmental disorders
- Seizure disorders
- Late stage degenerative disorders
- Complications from prematurity including Bronchopulmonary dysplasia
- Short bowel syndrome
- Congenital abnormalities of the brain, airway heart, GI or GU tract
- Failure to thrive and feeding disorders
- Neonatal abstinence
- Complications of abuse or neglect
- Complications from severe illness or prolonged hospitalization
- Orthopedic or CNS injuries
- Metabolic disorders
- Burns and other wounds
- Spinal cord injury
Why Choose Us?
Crotched Mountain Specialty Hospital is a leader in providing inpatient, outpatient and community-based support services to adults and children with brain injuries. Learn more about our expertise, resources and outcomes:
- Seamless continuum of care - provides a uniformly rewarding patient and family experience at every stage of inpatient treatment and beyond – from acute, sub-acute, and skilled inpatient services to outpatient therapies, residential services and community-based care.
- Expert interdisciplinary treatment team - combines best practices and innovative approaches with strong patient and family relationships to enhance healing.
- Patient-centered planning and support - begins upon admission and ensures that supports are in place for patients to successfully participate in home, work, school and favorite recreational activities upon discharge.
- Continuous quality improvement – promotes a culture focused on achieving the highest standards of patient care through quality management and improvement systems that address patient safety and quality of services.
- Therapeutic treatment environment - unites evidence-based practices, the latest technologies, and the resources of a 60-year rehabilitation history in a therapeutic mountainside environment.
Contact us to learn how our services can help with pediatric rehabilitation:
Nurse Referral Coordinator
603.547.3311 ext. 2010