Spinal Cord Rehabilitation
Rebuilding Lives after Spinal Cord Injury
Recovering from a spinal cord injury is a long and difficult process and oftentimes being discharged from an acute care setting is just the first step. Most patients still face physical and functional challenges that require specialized care. At Crotched Mountain, we offer comprehensive inpatient treatment to help patients improve their function and develop the skills and strategies they'll need to live as independently as possible. Our leading-edge facility is also known for its excellence in treating brain trauma, and we accept patients with a dual diagnosis of spinal cord and brain injury.
Specialized Resources for Spinal Cord Injury
Crotched Mountain's state-of-the-art facility gives patients access to the latest technologies and specialized equipment for spinal cord injuries. Our campus also includes a therapy pool and a therapy gym to help patients stay active and motivated.
- Partial body weight supported treadmill training (BSWT) to improve gait performance
- Medical Botox® interventions for spasticity
- MOTOmed® FES therapy bike with functional electrical stimulation to build muscle strength and support cardiovascular health
- Electrical stimulation to reduce muscle atrophy and improve cardiovascular function
- SaeboFlex® system to strengthen and improve flexibility in the wrist, hand and fingers
- Interactive Metronome® to build memory, attention, endurance and coordination skills
- Advanced wheelchair seating, pressure mapping and mobility options
- Technology-based environmental control units to increase functional independence
Medical and Therapeutic Team for Spinal Cord Injury
Our expert interdisciplinary treatment team for patients with spinal cord injury comprises the full range of caring, highly skilled physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, therapists, psychologists and other rehabilitation specialists needed to optimize our patients’ wellbeing. The qualifications they’ve earned in their fields of specialization for treating patients with spinal cord injury are second to none.
- Board Certified Physiatrist
- Certified Spinal Cord Injury Specialists
- Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurses
- Certified Neuroscience Registered Nurses
- Credentialed in Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Certified Respiratory Therapists
- And more...
Why Choose Us?
Crotched Mountain Specialty Hospital is a leader in providing inpatient, outpatient and community-based support services to adults and children with medically complex conditions. Learn more about our expertise, resources and outcomes:
- Seamless continuum of care - provides a uniformly rewarding patient and family experience at every stage of inpatient treatment and beyond – from acute, sub-acute, and skilled inpatient services to outpatient therapies, residential services and community-based care.
- Expert interdisciplinary treatment team - combines best practices and innovative approaches with strong patient and family relationships to enhance healing.
- Patient-centered planning and support - begins upon admission and ensures that supports are in place for patients to successfully participate in home, work, school and favorite recreational activities upon discharge.
Quality Improvement– promotes a culture focused on achieving the highest standards of patient care through quality management and improvement systems that address patient safety and quality of services.
Therapeutic treatment environment - unites evidence based practices, the latest technologies, and the resources of a 60-year rehabilitation history in a therapeutic mountainside environment.
Contact us to learn how our services can help people with spinal cord injury:
Lisa Walsh, LPN
Nurse Referral Coordinator
603.547.3311, ext 2010